Thursday, January 26, 2006

Beautiful Hawaii

I had such a nice afternoon! It was pouring rain – enough that my back yard nearly flooded! But I still kept the appointment I had made for transportation to Ko’Olina (Beach Resort) to walk in the sand (to strengthen my recently injured leg muscles), hoping that the sky would clear.

It had started to clear, but poured again just as my ride came, influencing me to take a jacket, in addition to the sweatshirt I’d already put in my bag! But by the time I got there, it had stopped, so I took off my shoes, put my bag and shoes on a lounge chair out on the sand, and proceeded to walk in the sand, dipping my feet in the ocean water every now and then.

I was feeling pretty tired after about 25 minutes, so I decided to rest awhile and read my book. It was so sunny, I had already had to put my sun glasses on to be able to walk. Sitting on the beach, reading, the sun was glaring into my face, and I was getting quite hot! So, though I really wanted to walk more, I followed the prompting to rinse my feet in the shower, put my shoes back on, and head for a shady place to read. No sooner had I done so than it started to rain hard enough that I had to get out my umbrella before I reached the building.

First, I looked around in the little gift shop (with no intention to buy), but as had often happened before in this particular shop, I found a few little things that I really wanted, both for myself and for gifts, that were really reasonable. I bought myself an orange and a banana, for which I'd been hungry. I also found a mouse pad (for which I’ve been looking for about two years). It was in yellow, orange, and green – a beautiful painting of a bird of paradise – just what I’d wanted, so I treated myself (something I don't often do).

After eating my orange, I went upstairs (I was at the beautiful Ko’Olina timeshare apartments) and read in the open air foyer, lounging on a rattan chaise lounge with huge fabric cushions, until my ride arrived to take me home. It was just cool enough that I’d put on my sweatshirt, and was feeling quite cozy. Sitting up there, where I could see the ocean and all the lovely surroundings, with the ocean breeze blowing gently on me as I read, was heavenly. I kept stopping my reading just to marvel at it – and to fight off the urge to feel guilty for being there when, had it not been for my injury, I should have been at work! The only thing missing was someone to share it with.

‘Wish you could have been there! (Ooh! Can you just feel that ocean breeze? Look at the ocean! It’s so beautiful here! . . . Thank you Father, for allowing me to live here!)

No comments: