Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Rules of Life

I’ve been thinking, and I’ve decided that one of the first rules of life should be:

  • Break your problems down into little pieces, then handle the pieces one at a time

Of course, the next rule would have to be to prioritize the pieces, so that you’d know which ones to handle first. But even if you made some mistakes there, at least you’d be getting started. Which is more than I do sometimes when I let something overwhelm me, don’t know how to handle it, and just moan about it!

Why didn’t someone tell me this rule? That page must have been missing from my book . . .

2 comments:

Tolkien Boy said...

This is how I eat pie. This is also why I'm fat.

Well, chubby.

TK said...

TB: When I was reading my email with your comment on it, I just sat there for several minutes trying to figure out which post you could possibly be responding to. Then it hit me and I just sat there and laughed out loud for the longest time!

Yes, I do to! So I guess I DID know the rule, I just wasn't applying it to all the right thing! :)

(It would NEVER occur to me to eat a really BIG piece of pie! I'd probably cut out a small 1/16th size wedge. But after I realize that I've eaten 9 of those small wedges, it's hard to deny the truth . . . That's one of the disadvantages - and advantages of living alone.)